Sealy, TX – September 1, 2021 – Pencco, Inc. (“Pencco”) is pleased to announce a long-term sales agreement with Itafos Conda LLC (“Conda”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Itafos, Inc. (“Itafos”), to market and distribute a new production stream of hydrofluosilicic acid (“HFSA”).
“This partnership will help supply the needs of the North American fluoride market for many years to come,” said Pencco Founder and CEO Ron Horne. “Our investment in the water treatment industry shows our strong commitment to service municipal drinking water in the North American market today and into the future.”
Conda is a vertically integrated phosphate fertilizer business located in Idaho that has been operating for over 30 years. The HFSA will be extracted from Conda’s phosphoric acid evaporation vapors.The first commercial delivery of HFSA under the long-term sales agreement is expected in Q1 of 2022.
Pencco has been a veteran in the Fluoride market for more than three decades and is also a national producer and distributor of iron products for water and wastewater treatment. Pencco is a preferred supplier to their customers due to a strong commitment to integrity and service.
In the wastewater space, Pencco provides a complete offering through their SULFeND program. This turnkey system includes chemical supply, sulfide monitoring, dosing equipment, and testing on a web-based platform to assist municipalities in remote application and monitoring of collection system odor treatment and corrosion control. Pencco is celebrating 37 years of service to the North American market.
Itafos (TSX-V: IFOS) is a phosphate and specialty fertilizer company. Itafos’ businesses and projects are as follows:
- Conda – a vertically integrated phosphate fertilizer business with production capacity of approximately 550kt per year of monoammonium phosphate (“MAP”), MAP with micronutrients (“MAP+”), superphosphoric acid (“SPA”), merchant grade phosphoric acid (“MGA”) and ammonium polyphosphate (“APP”) located in Idaho, US;
- Arraias – a vertically integrated phosphate fertilizer business with production capacity of approximately 500kt per year of single superphosphate (“SSP”), SSP with micronutrients (“SSP+”) and approximately 40kt per year of excess sulfuric acid located in Tocantins, Brazil;
- Farim – a high-grade phosphate mine project located in Farim, Guinea-Bissau;
- Santana – a vertically integrated high-grade phosphate mine and fertilizer plant project located in Pará, Brazil;
- Araxá – a vertically integrated rare earth elements and niobium mine and extraction plant project located in Minas Gerais, Brazil;
- Paris Hills – a phosphate mine project located in Idaho, US (wind down in process); and
- Mantaro – a phosphate mine project located in Junin, Peru (wind down in process).
Itafos is a Delaware corporation that is headquartered in Houston, TX. Itafos’ shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange (“TSX-V”) under the ticker symbol “IFOS”. Itafos’ principal shareholder is CL Fertilizers Holding LLC (“CLF”). CLF is an affiliate of Castlelake, L.P., a global private investment firm.